iPad and iPhone Tips and Tricks (Covers iPads and iPhones running iOS9), by Rich, Jason R.
- ISBN: 9780789755353 | 0789755351
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/5/2015
Easily Unlock the Power of Your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone
March 21, 2016 Update: A new iPhone SE and a new iPad Pro 9.7" were announced today by Apple. The content of this book is applicable to these new devices.
Discover hundreds of tips and tricks you can use right away with your iPad, iPad mini, or iPhone to maximize its functionality. Learn how to use iOS 9 and utilize your Apple mobile device as a powerful communication, organization, and productivity tool, as well as a feature-packed entertainment device.
Using an easy-to-understand, nontechnical approach, this book is ideal for beginners and more experienced users who want to discover how to use the iOS operating system with iCloud, and the latest versions of popular apps. This book covers all the latest iPhone and iPad models, including the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6s Plus, as well as the latest iPad Air and iPad mini models and iPad Pro.
Here’s just a sampling of what the tips, tricks, and strategies offered in this book will help you accomplish:
• Discover how to use the new News, Wallet, iCloud Drive, and updated Music apps that come preinstalled with iOS 9.
• Discover how to take visually impressive photos, and then edit and share them using the redesigned Photos app.
• Learn secrets for using preinstalled apps, such as Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Maps, Notes, Safari, Mail, Health, iBooks, and Music.
• Synchronize files, documents, data, photos, and content with iCloud, your computer, and/or your other iOS mobile devices.
• Learn how to interact with your tablet or phone using Siri or the new “Hey Siri” feature.
• Stay in touch with your friends and family using social networking apps, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Discover the latest calling features built in to the iPhone, such as Wi-Fi Calling.
• Learn about cutting-edge features, such as Apple Pay and Family Sharing, as well as device-specific features like Split-Screen, Slide Over, and Picture-in-Picture (newer iPad models), as well as Peek and Pop (iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus).
• Create and maintain a reliable backup of your iPhone or iPad using iCloud Backup.