- ISBN: 9780205242634 | 0205242634
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/2/2013
A concise introduction to the Western tradition in art.
Janson’s Basic History of Art provides readers with a beautifully illustrated and masterfully concise introduction to the Western tradition of art history. The text centers discussions around the object, its manufacture, and its visual character. It considers the contribution of the artist as an important part of the analysis.
This edition creates a narrative of how art has changed over time in the cultures that Europe has claimed as its patrimony and that Americans have claimed through their connection to Europe. Janson’s Basic History of Western Art continues to maintain separate chapters on the Northern European Renaissance, the Italian Renaissance, and the High Renaissance, with stylistic divisions for key periods of the modern era.
The 9th edition brings some exciting changes. For the first time, Janson’s Basic History of Western Art comes with MyArtsLab, which provides students with an interactive learning experience. Also, the text incorporates new learning objectives, graphics, and maps throughout. In response to reviewer’s requests, this new edition expands the coverage of Islamic art into its own chapter.
MyArtsLab is an integral part of the Davies et al, program. Key learning applications include, Art 21 and Studio Technique videos, 360-degree architectural panoramas and simulations and Closer Look tours.
A better teaching and learning experience
The teaching and learning experience with this program helps to:
- Personalize Learning – MyArtsLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- mprove Critical Thinking — “Points of Inquiry” and “Points of Reflection” coordinated with learning objectives help students think critically about what they have read.
- Engage Students — Updated images, MyArtsLab, and the clarity of the text provide a wonderful engaging student experience.
- Support Instructors — Instructor resources are available in one convenient location. Figures, videos, and teacher support materials create a dynamic, engaging course.
NOTE: MyArtsLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase the text with MyArtsLab , order the package ISBN:
0205925928 / 9780205925926 Janson's Basic History of Western Art Plus NEW MyArtsLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205206565 / 9780205206568 NEW MyArtsLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205242634 / 9780205242634 Janson's Basic History of Western Art