- ISBN: 9780321929242 | 0321929241
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/2/2014
Keys to College Success sets the standard for connecting academic success to success beyond school, showing students how to apply strategies within college, career, and life. The Eighth Edition retains its tried-and-true emphasis on thinking skills and problem solving, re-imagined with two goals in mind: a risk and reward framework that reflects the demands today's students face, and a focus on student experience specific to four-year schools with a more extensive research base and increased metacognition.
Keys to College Success provides the established KEYS set of tools for success – an understanding of how coursework connects to career and life goal achievement, and analytical, creative, and practical thinking coverage that empowers a range of cognitive ability. This program provides:
- Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab™: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
- College Connection to Career and Life Goals: Infused with a fresh focus on risk and reward, showing that the reward of success in the modern world demands a risk of vision and persistent effort over time. It raises the bar to show students that they must risk action to grow, thrive, and contribute in order to make their college investment pay off in gainful employment, meaningful work, and community involvement.
- Thinking Skills coverage: Comprehensive content with research references lend credibility and perspective to concepts, targeted exercises that explore personally relevant situations in context, and sustained focus throughout each topic.
- Tailored to the four-year program experience: Acknowledges global economic change and instability and hones in on student concerns about employability skills and debt management so the four-year college experience is framed in practical, work-relevant ways even as it supports the value of a liberal education. New coverage of resources, topics, and research support concepts.
Note: This is a standalone book. If you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0133958817 / 9780133958812 Keys to College Success Plus MyStudentSuccessLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 8/e