- ISBN: 9780133947946 | 0133947947
- Cover: Package
- Copyright: 8/26/2014
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
--For First-Year Experience, Student Success, and Introduction to College courses that are1 credit hour and/or those with blended and online students. Aligned with learning outcomes from both Student Success CourseConnect and MyStudentSuccessLab, it is designed as a stand alone book or a print companion with one of these technologies.
Keys to College Success Compact sets the standard for connecting academic success to success beyond school, showing students how to apply strategies within college, career, and life. Offers Keys tried-and-true emphasis on thinking skills and problem-solving, re-imagined with two goals in mind: One, a risk and reward framework that reflects the demands today's students face, and two, a focus on student experience specific to 1 credit or blended/online with a more extensive research base and increased metacognition.
Keys to College Success Compact helps students take ownership, develop academic and transferable skills, and show the results of commitment and action so they are well equipped with the concentration, commitment, focus, and persistence necessary to succeed.
Success CourseConnect (http://www.pearsoncourseconnect.com) is one of many award-winning CourseConnect online courses designed by subject matter experts and credentialed instructional designers. MyStudentSuccessLab (http://www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to ‘Start strong, Finish stronger’ by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development .
Teaching & Learning Experience: Strategies for College, Career, and Life Success
Keys to College Success Compact provides the established KEYS set of tools for success – an understanding of how coursework connects to career and life goal achievement, and analytical, creative, and practical thinking coverage that empowers a range of cognitive ability. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· College Connection to Career and Life Goals: Infused with a fresh focus on risk and reward, showing that the reward of success in the modern world demands a risk of vision and persistent effort over time. It raises the bar to show students that they must risk action to grow, thrive, and contribute in order to make their college investment pay off in gainful employment, meaningful work, and community involvement.
· Thinking Skills coverage:Comprehensive content with research references lend credibility and perspective to concepts, targeted exercises that explore personally relevant situations in context, and sustained focus throughout each topic.
· Tailored to the 1-credit hour or Blended/Online Program experience: Acknowledges global economic change and instability and hones in on student concerns about employability skills and debt management so the 1 credit hour or blended/online course experience is framed in practical, work-relevant and time conscious ways.