Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781411400795 | 1411400798
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 7/26/2007
&&LDIV&&R&&LDIV&&R&&LDIV&&R&&LP style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"&&R&&LI&&RKing Lear&&L/I&&R, by &&LB&&RWilliam Shakespeare&&L/B&&R, is part of the &&LI&&RBarnes & Noble Shakespeare&&L/I&&R series. This unique series features newly edited texts prepared by leading scholars from America and Great Britain, in collaboration with one of the world’s foremost Shakespeare authorities, &&LB&&RDavid Scott Kastan&&L/B&&R of Columbia University. Together they have produced texts as faithful as possible to those that Shakespeare wrote.&&L/P&&R&&LP style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"&&R &&L/P&&R&&LP style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"&&REach volume in the &&LI&&RBarnes & Noble Shakespeare&&L/I&&R includes:&&L/P&&R
- &&LB&&RNew Scholarship&&L/B&&R – Premiere scholars introduce each play with contemporary scholarship. An essay on editing the text provides an in-depth look at the quartos and folios used in the edition.
- &&LB&&RContextualizing Essays&&L/B&&R – Essays on Shakespeare’s England, language, and life, along with essays on performing Shakespeare and significant performances frame the play in both historical and theatrical context for readers. A look at the lasting influence of the play on music, art, film, and dance creates an interdisciplinary framework with which to approach the play.
- &&LB&&RBetter Notes&&L/B&&R – Through one-word margin definitions, facing-page glosses, and longer end notes after the play, our innovative approach to notes pulls readers away from the text fewer times while providing them with more information and comprehensive analysis.
- &&LB&&RFurther Reading&&L/B&&R – An annotated bibliography of titles, hand-selected by the introduction author, takes readers beyond the edition for further reading.