Laboratory Medicine Diagnosis of Disease in Clinical Laboratory 2/E, by Laposata, Michael
- ISBN: 9780071805544 | 0071805540
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 8/13/2014
A complete full-color guide to medical test selection and test result interpretation
Laboratory Medicine is an essential text for medical students and residents studying clinical pathology, medical technology students, and for practitioners working in a clinical setting. By selecting the appropriate tests and interpreting the results correctly, physicians using this book should be able to optimize patient outcomes and reduce the cost of achieving a diagnosis.
This full-color guide features an easy-to-follow, consistent presentation for each disease discussed. Chapters begin with a brief description of the disorder followed by a discussion that includes tables detailing the laboratory evaluation of specific disorders, and coverage of diagnosis, baseline tests to exclude diagnostic possibilities, and clinical indications that warrant further screening and special testing.
- Updated to reflect the most current information
- 46 laboratory methods presented in easy-to-understand illustrations which include information on the expense and complexity of the assays
- More than 200 tables and full-color algorithms encapsulate important information and facilitate understanding
- Full-color blood-smear micrographs demonstrate common abnormal morphologies of red blood cells
- Valuable learning aids in each chapter, including learning objectives, chapter outlines, and a general introduction
- Extensive table of Clinical Laboratory Reference Values showing the conversions between US and SI units for each value
- Coverage of genetic test options that are now commonly used in clinical practice