Listen to This, by Bonds, Mark Evan, PhD
- ISBN: 9780205978618 | 0205978614
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/2/2014
Listen to the music. Hear the elements. Expand your playlist.
Created for today’s students, Listen To This, 3/e provides readers with the tools to listen to music, hear the elements, and ultimately expand their musical horizons. Readers are encouraged to explore history, culture, and musical styles through active listening, not just through passive reading. By concentrating on the elements of music, students develop the ability to connect earlier music with their own music. Praised for its engaging writing style, flexible format, listening-oriented approach and focus on musical elements, Listen To This will instill a life-long appreciation and understanding of music in students’ by expanding their playlist today!
This new edition retains the admired focus on the basic elements of music with the addition of new features to offer an enhanced online learning experience with MyMusicLab. Key learning tools within MyMusicLab include significantly expanded Needle Drop exercises, new Listening Guide assessments, the all new Writing Space learning tool, and more!
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It:
- Personalizes Learning with MyMusicLab: MyMusicLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program, complete with Writing Space, a tool to enhance student essay writing. MyMusicLab helps students prepare for class and instructors gauge individual and class performance.
- Encourages Active Listening: Redesigned online Listening Guides, developed for tablet as well as PC compatibility, encourage student engagement and understanding through the use of visuals (including animated visual scores by Stephen Malinowski), tailor-made assessments, and personalized learning tools.
- Includes Tools to Improve Critical Thinking: Key Learning Outcomes encourage students to think critically about visual arts as part of the larger world.
- Engages Students: Updated scholarship, MyMusicLab, and the readability of the text provide a wonderful engaging student experience.
- Provides Outstanding Instructor Support: With a wealth of online resources, including an expanded teacher’s manual, instructors have videos, images, and teaching support materials to create a dynamic, engaging course.
- Offers a Fully Integrated Digital Experience: Complete with eText, streaming audio, listening guides, and MyLab assets, all at an affordable price.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMusicLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyMusicLab search for ISBN-10: 0205994431 / ISBN-13: 9780205994434. This package includes: 0205978614 / 9780205978618 Listen to This and 0205986838 / 9780205986835 NEW MyMusicLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card - for Listen to This.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.