Literacy Development in the Early Years Helping Children Read and Write, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card, by Morrow, Lesley Mandel
- ISBN: 9780133824681 | 0133824683
- Cover: Nonspecific Binding
- Copyright: 7/27/2014
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This access code card provides access to the Enhanced Pearson eText.
An integrated language arts approach to literacy development, by renowned author Lesley Mandel Morrow, Literacy Development in the Early Years, 8/e integrates perspectives about how children learn literacy skills in grades pre-K through three that gives pre-service and in-service teachers a wealth of valuable information for making children active participants in the process of literacy development.
Now in print for 25 years, this widely popular text was one of the first books on the topic of early literacy. Author Lesley Mandel Morrow utilizes her own research and the research of others as well as her experiences as a classroom teacher, reading specialist, mother, and grandmother to consider historical theories and philosophies about how children learn, policy changes in teaching reading, new laws and challenges in the area of testing and assessment, the place of diversity in today’s classrooms, teaching English language learners, and more. The text has a wealth of valuable information for both pre- and in-service teachers, prompting them to involve children as active participants in the process of their literacy development. The book discusses constructivist problem-solving teaching and more explicit systematic instruction, encouraging teaching reading, writing, listening, thinking, and viewing at the same time while using each skill to develop the others. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
This access code card provides access to the new Enhanced Pearson eText, a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText for 40% to 65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.