- ISBN: 9780133594973 | 0133594971
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/8/2015
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133832228 .
This guide gives current and future educators practical help for rediscovering the value, potential, richness, and adventure of a diverse classroom—while developing the capacity to professionally address the differential learning and transition needs of culturally and linguistically diverse (CLD) students. Ideal for pre- and in-service teachers, district and building administrators, school specialists, and paraprofessionals, it presents the latest tools, procedures, strategies, and ideas for ensuring effective teaching and learning for students of any native language. Included are new ways to reach and maximize relationships with parents, caregivers, and extended family members by partnering with them in appropriate pedagogical practices. The new Third Edition of Mastering ESL/EF Methods includes illustrated concepts; global connections; tips for practice in the EFL classroom; a revised framework for the conceptual definitions of approach method, strategy, and technique; an expanded Glossary; interactive video links; a revised discussion of dual language programs; and an overview of program model effectiveness. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.