- ISBN: 9780134052496 | 0134052498
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 4/22/2015
Apple’s iOS SDK provides an amazingly powerful collection of frameworks. But it has been difficult to find detailed and useful knowledge about them–until now. With this book’s practical insights and tested code, you can use Apple’s frameworks to create apps that are more innovative and usable…faster and more reliable…more successful and profitable.
Kyle Richter and Joe Keeley focus on intermediate-to-advanced techniques that professional iOS developers can use every day. Their far-reaching coverage ranges from social support to security, Core Data to iCloud–even Apple Watch.
Organized as a convenient modular reference, nearly every chapter contains a complete Objective-C sample project. A multi-chapter Game Center case study shows how multiple iOS features can be combined to do even more.
All source code may be downloaded at https://github.com/dfsw/icf.
- Adding physics-like animation and behaviors to UIViews
- Using Core Location to determine device location, display customized maps, and implement geofencing
- Making games and apps social with Leaderboards
- Accessing music and image collections
- Building health/fitness apps with HealthKit
- Integrating with home automation via HomeKit
- Passing data between platforms using JSON
- Setting up local and remote notifications
- Remotely storing and syncing data with CloudKit
- Accessing app functionality with extensions
- Effortlessly adding AirPrint support
- Providing Handoff continuity between iOS 8 and Yosemite devices
- Getting productive with Core Data
- Integrating Twitter and Facebook via Social Framework
- Performing resource-intensive tasks with Grand Central Dispatch
- Securing user data with Keychain and Touch ID
- Customizing collection views
- Making the most of gesture recognizers
- Creating and distributing “passes”
- Debugging, instrumenting, and profiling apps