Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781496310460 | 1496310462
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 7/23/2017
Medical Physiology: Principles for Clinical Medicine richly presents the physiology knowledge necessary for clinical practice. Along with the latest information on how the human body reacts to internal and external changes, the text provides a deep understanding of how physiologic systems coordinate to maintain optimal health. Emphasizing normal physiology, discussions of pathophysiology are also included to show how altered functions are involved in disease processes. This fifth edition focuses on the physiologic principles key to understanding human function, and places them clearly in their fundamental context in clinical medicine.
- Clinical Focus essays highlight how and where physiology relates to clinical medicine and diagnosis.
- New Integrated Medical Sciences essays highlight the connections between physiology and other basic sciences, such as pharmacology, biochemistry, and genetics.
- Extensive chapterrevisions in the Neuromuscular, Gastrointestinal, Renal, and Blood and Immunology parts have been provided by new expert contributors.
- End-of-chapter USMLE-style review questions, with answers and explanations, as well as new Clinical Application exercises, help students master the material.
- Conceptual diagrams facilitate comprehension of difficult concepts and presents both normal and abnormal clinical conditions.
- Active Learning Objectives, Chapter Summaries, and full-color artwork and tables facilitate learning and study.
- A companion website offers additional resources for students including animations, additional review questions, additional clinical application exercises, advanced clinical problem-solving exercises, and suggested readings.