Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781118649725 | 1118649729
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/10/2014
The fifth edition of Michigan: A History of the Great Lakes State presents an update of the best college-level survey of Michigan history, covering the pre-Columbian period to the present.
- Represents the best-selling survey history of Michigan
- Includes updates and enhancements reflecting the latest historic scholarship, along with the new chapter ‘Reinventing Michigan’
- Expanded coverage includes the socio-economic impact of tribal casino gaming on Michigan’s Native American population; environmental, agricultural, and educational issues; recent developments in the Jimmy Hoffa mystery, and collegiate and professional sports
- Delivered in an accessible narrative style that is entertaining as well as informative, with ample illustrations, photos, and maps
- Now available in digital formats as well as print