The Mind Inside Yang Style Tai Chi, by Zhuang, Henry
- ISBN: 9781594393532 | 1594393532
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 6/7/2016
FINALIST – Spirituality, 2016 Best Books Award
Henry Zhuang leads you through the Yang style 22-posture form, with an eye for detail and a love of nuance.
Illustrations with motion arrows guide your physical movements, while Zhuang's “mind approach” helps you appreciate the subtleties of each posture. Rich descriptions and vivid imagery bring the art to life.
- Begin with “nothing” by stilling the body and mind.
- Channel your intent to stimulate the flow of chi.
- Learn the entire 22-posture Yang form.
- Explore the “mind approach,” discovering a deeper understanding of each posture.
The author instructs you on correct physical posture, footwork, weight distribution, and tempo. He also describes subtle aspects of the form, including vision, relaxation, and the flow of chi.
This book includes
- The history and lineage of Yang style.
- Photographs of the author performing each posture.
- Motion arrows depicting the movements of the entire form.
If you are unfamiliar with Yang style, The Mind Inside Yang Style Tai Chi is the perfect place to begin. If you are a longtime practitioner, Henry Zhuang's insight will deepen your appreciation for this art.