- ISBN: 9780205955244 | 020595524X
- Cover: Package
- Copyright: 2/13/2013
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
The most engaging and musical Sight-Singing text on the market.
Music for Sight Singing is structured around organized melodiesdrawn from the literature of composed music and a wide range of the world’s folk music. Real music exercises allow readers to practice sight singing and develop their “mind’s ear” — the ability to imagine how music sounds without first playing it on an instrument.
The ninth edition continues to introduce a host of important musical considerations beyond pitch and rhythm- including dynamics, accents, articulations, slurs, repeat signs, and tempo markings. The book’s arrangement of simple to complex exercises lays the foundations for success.
Upon completing this book, readers will be able to:
- Fluently read rhythms in simple and compound meters, including those in relatively unusual, irregular, or changing meter signatures.
- Sight sing melodies in any major or minor key, and in any diatonic mode.
- Effortlessly read all four common clefs.
- Understand common musical symbols and terms.
- Recognize and sing important harmonic features such as dominant seventh and Neapolitan chords.
- Improvise effectively from a variety of background structures such as a harmonic progression or an underlying contrapuntal framework.
- Negotiate chromatic passages from simple embellishing tones and tonicizations to modulations to post-tonal music.
NOTE: MySearchLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase the text with MySearchLab, order the package ISBN:
020595524X / 9780205955244 Music for Sight Singing Plus MySearchLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205938337 / 9780205938339 Music for Sight Singing
0205955053 / 9780205955053 MySearchLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card -- for Music for Sight Singing