- ISBN: 9780321939968 | 0321939964
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/10/2014
For an introductory-level course in natural hazards
Natural Hazards uses real-life examples of hazards and disasters to explore how and why they happen—and what we can do to limit their effects. The text’s up-to-date coverage of recent disasters brings a fresh perspective to the material.
The Fourth Edition provides a new active learning approach, a fully updated visual program and revised pedagogy tools that highlight hallmark concepts of the text. Students have access to an updated Hazard City , an online media resource which gives instructors meaningful, easy-to-assign, and easy-to-grade assignments in which students investigate virtual disasters in the fictional town of Hazard City.
This program will provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for your students. Here’s how:
- Provide a balanced approach to the study of natural hazards: Focus on globalization of our economy, information access, and human effects on our planet in a broader, more balanced approach to the study of natural hazards.
- Engage your students with “Hazard City": Students work through 11 different assignments by stepping into the role of a practicing geologist and analyzing potential disasters in the fictional town of Hazard City.
- Enhance understanding and comprehension of natural hazards: Newly revised stories and case studies give students a behind the scenes glimpse into the lives of survivors, professionals and hazardous events.
- Strong pedagogy tools reinforce the text’s core features: The new chapter structure and design organizes the material into three major sections to help students learn, digest, and review learning objectives.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; My_Lab/Mastering does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and My_Lab/Mastering search for ISBN-10: 0133907651/ISBN-13: 9780133907650. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321939964/ISBN-13: 9780321939968 and ISBN-10: 0321970349 /ISBN-13: 9780321970343.
My_Lab/Mastering is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.