- ISBN: 9780205942985 | 0205942989
- Cover: Nonspecific Binding
- Copyright: 1/4/2013
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
This access code card gives you access to all of MyArtsLab's tools and resources. Want a complete eText of your textbook, too? Buy immediate access to MyArtsLab with Pearson eText online with a credit card at www.myartslab.com.
A concise introduction to the Western tradition in art.
Janson’s Basic History of Art provides readers with a beautifully illustrated and masterfully concise introduction to the Western tradition of art history. The text centers discussions around the object, its manufacture, and its visual character. It considers the contribution of the artist as an important part of the analysis.
This edition creates a narrative of how art has changed over time in the cultures that Europe has claimed as its patrimony and that Americans have claimed through their connection to Europe. Janson’s Basic History of Western Art continues to maintain separate chapters on the Northern European Renaissance, the Italian Renaissance, and the High Renaissance, with stylistic divisions for key periods of the modern era.
The 9th edition brings some exciting changes. For the first time, Janson’s Basic History of Western Art comes with MyArtsLab, which provides students with an interactive learning experience. Also, the text incorporates new learning objectives, graphics, and maps throughout. In response to reviewer’s requests, this new edition expands the coverage of Islamic art into its own chapter.
MyArtsLab is an integral part of the Davies et al, program. Key learning applications include, Art 21 and Studio Technique videos, 360-degree architectural panoramas and simulations and Closer Look tours.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning — MyArtsLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Improve Critical Thinking – “Points of Inquiry” and “Points of Reflection” coordinated with learning objectives help students think critically about what they have read.
- Engage Students – Updated images, MyArtsLab, and the clarity of the text provide a wonderful engaging student experience.
- Support Instructors – Instructor resources are available in one convenient location. Figures, videos, and teacher support materials create a dynamic, engaging course.