- ISBN: 9780132869799 | 0132869799
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/26/2013
A comprehensive overview of the nutrition, health, and safety needs of young children from birth through school age, Nutrition, Health, and Safety for Young Children: Promoting Wellness, 2/e prepares future educators to implement healthful practices and teach young children ways to contribute to their own wellness. Through anecdotes, cases, and authentic examples, the authors use a storytelling approach that helps contextualize wellness concepts for readers, promote thinking about professional situations, and offer a glimpse into the everyday classroom environment–diverse populations of young children in family child care, child care centers, preschools, and elementary school settings. In this new edition, the text has been streamlined to 16 chapters and still covers the wide range of challenges that teachers of young children are facing today, such as: an increasingly diverse population of young learners, more identified food allergies, concern about the obesity epidemic, the increase in pertussis (whooping cough) cases, focus on serving children with special health care needs in classrooms, new kinds of threats to children’s safety, and increased awareness of the need to develop healthy environments and use sustainable practices in early childhood settings. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.