- ISBN: 9780133956764 | 0133956768
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/5/2016
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134403215.
This practical, comprehensive text helps students understand the interrelationships among nutrition, health, and safety, and gives them strategies to share their knowledge with children and their families. Covering the full range of childhood from birth into school age, it includes concrete, common in-text examples, case scenarios, and questions that promote thinking about professional situations students will face in their own classrooms and teaching situations, while providing a glimpse into the everyday contemporary classroom environment. The new edition features a stronger focus on wellness that prepares students to teach the diverse populations of young children in family child care, child care centers, preschools, and elementary settings by providing everything needed to ensure students understand wellness concepts, know how to apply wellness concepts, and know how to teach wellness concepts to children. More accessible, relevant, and useful to students than ever, Nutrition, Health and Safety for Young Children gives early childhood teachers what they need to help all children attain wellness and be ready for success in school. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.