Nutrition & You, by Blake, Joan Salge
- ISBN: 9780321910400 | 0321910400
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/22/2014
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Joan Salge Blake writes in a very engaging style, addressing the student directly, using colorful language and visual analogies in order to explain concepts, and captivating students with humor. Blake encourages students to relate the science of nutrition to their own dietary habits, enabling them to separate fact from fiction and to distinguish high-quality nutrient sources from those of lesser quality. Blake’s approach teaches students to think critically about information sources and the claims made in the popular press and online.
The Third Edition features MasteringNutrition™, an online homework, assessment, and tutorial system that allows instructors to personalize the nutrition course like never before with next generation course management tools. Students master topics through interactive mini-lessons, quizzing, and immediate wrong-answer feedback.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text and supplemental package will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize learning with MasteringNutrition: Improve results by helping students to quickly master concepts with self-paced tutorials that feature immediate wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience to keep students on track.
- Focus on visual learning: Appeal to today’s visual learners with Focus Figures and Visual Chapter Summaries that identify key objectives in a consistent, easy-to-study format.
- Emphasize critical thinking: Teach students to think critically about information sources and the claims made in the popular press and online.
- Emphasize applications: Encourage students to practice with MyDietAnalysis, a software system that allows students to do a diet assignment and then enter their information to create a variety of reports, in addition to other tools.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringNutrition does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringNutrition search for ISBN-10: 0321908732 /ISBN-13: 9780321908735. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321910400/ISBN-13: 9780321910400 and ISBN-10: 0321961552/ISBN-13: 9780321961556.
MasteringNutrition is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.