- ISBN: 9780321992604 | 0321992601
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 7/1/2015
The Practical, Authoritative, 360-Degree Technical Guide to Oracle Exadata: From Setup to Administration, Optimization, Tuning, and Troubleshooting
The blazingly fast Oracle Exadata Database Machine is being embraced by thousands of large-scale users worldwide: by governments, the military, enterprise organizations, cloud service providers, and anyone who needs extreme performance. Now, Oracle Exadata Expert’s Handbook provides authoritative guidance to running Oracle Exadata with maximum reliability, effectiveness, performance, and efficiency.
Six renowned Oracle technology experts have brought together core technical information, experience, best practices, and insider tips in a concise reference. Covering both 11g and 12c versions of Oracle Exadata software, they deliver hands-on coverage of best practices, setup, migration, monitoring, administration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting. Whether you’re an Oracle Exadata DBA, DMA, architect, or manager, you need these insights.
- Get a 360-degree overview of the Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Efficiently deploy RAC within the Oracle Exadata ecosystem
- Fully leverage Storage Cell’s extraordinary performance, via Offloading, Smart Scans, and Hybrid Columnar Compression
- Manage Exadata with OEM 12c: perform setup, configuration, asset/target discovery, and day-to-day administration
- Tune Oracle Exadata for even better performance
- Perform Exadata Backup/Recovery/DR with RMAN and Data Guard
- Migrate to Oracle Exadata from other platforms
- Use Oracle Exadata with the ZFS Storage Appliance
- Consolidate within the Exadata Database Cloud