Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9780134310879 | 013431087X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/10/2017
Fully updated for Oracle Solaris 11, Oracle Solaris 11 System Virtualization Essentials , Second Edition, is the most complete, practical, and up-to-date guide to selecting and applying Oracle virtualization technologies in your environment. A world-class team of Oracle experts thoroughly covers all the Oracle virtualization options available to you, including Solaris Containers, Logical Domains, and Virtual Box, helping you identify and implement your best alternative. The authors also offer detailed coverage of using virtualization with a wide range of Oracle software applications and engineered systems, including Exadata, Exalogic, SuperCluster, Oracle Database, Fusion Applications, WebLogic, Seibel, and PeopleSoft. Topics covered include
- Using xVM Hypervisor to deploy servers with heterogeneous operating systems
- Using Logical Domains to deploy different Solaris 11 and OpenSolaris environments on SPARC CMT (chip multithreading) systems
- Using Dynamic Domains to maximize workload isolation on SPARC systems
- Using Containers to maximize efficiency and scalability of workload
- Using Virtual Box to develop and test software in heterogeneous environments
- Mixing virtualization technologies to maximize workload density
- Using Containers to migrate Solaris 9 and Solaris 10 workloads to new hardware systems
Whatever your role in selecting, deploying, administering, or optimizing virtualization, this guide will help you gain maximum performance, value, reliability, and efficiency from your Oracle investments.