- ISBN: 9780071800631 | 0071800638
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 5/27/2014
Teach your students to love reading and books, with help from an expert
Encouraging students to read is a daunting task when you have to compete with YouTube and video games. You know that if you could just get your kids excited about reading, they would discover a world of enchantment and a love that will last a lifetime. The Organized Teacher's Guide to Children's Literature will help you spark your students' passion for reading.
The books selected by award-winning author and reading expert Kimberly Persiani promise to engage your students with a variety of themes and appealing topics. From character-building titles to multicultural selections and books that celebrate holidays, you are sure to find a book that will fit your lesson plans--and, at the same time, capture your students’ attention and imagination. Kimberly also shows you how her selections can be linked across your curriculum and satisfy Common Core Standards.
Among hundreds of valuable ideas, The Organized Teacher's Guide to Children's Literature provides:
- Annotated lists of fiction and nonfiction picture and chapter books perfect for every level, from preschool to teen
- Lexile levels and grade levels for every book recommendation
- Academic curriculum tie-ins that meet the Common Core Standards and complement lesson plans in math, science, social studies, and other areas
- Strategies to increase reading comprehension, vocabulary development, theme interpretation, and more
- Suggested projects to enhance student understanding of a book, such as reports and group discussions
- Advice on how to set up and organize a library for efficiency and enjoyment
- Lists of literary awards from the year 2000 to the current day, including Caldecott, Newbery, Coretta Scott King, Pura Belpre, and Scott O'Dell awards
Let The Organized Teacher's Guide to Children's Literature help you develop your students' wonder of reading. Your efforts will not only put them on a path to academic success but also will launch their journey of being lifelong readers.