- ISBN: 9781451145304 | 1451145306
- Cover: Spiral Bound
- Copyright: 9/13/2013
Excel in your career as an occupation therapist with the expert information and easy-to-understand presentation in Orthotic Intervention for the Hand and Upper Extremity: Splinting Principles and Process, 2nd Edition. This proven book provides orthosis patterns for most upper extremity diagnoses and provides the information you need to make an informed decision about whether the best solution for a patient is to fabricate a thermoplastic or neoprene splint, or to cast, tape, or choose an over-the-counter solution.
This detailed and easy-to-use reference demonstrates splint fabrication techniques and related interventions, highlights anatomical and biomechanical principles, discusses associated indications and precautions, details common orthotic interventions, and provides an overview of popular taping methods.
- Master key concepts and skills with pattern descriptions and photographs for each intervention, along with “Clinical Pearls,” and “Pattern Pearls” that provide fabrication and orthosis modification tips, as well as insight for improving cost containment and maximizing time efficiency.
- Apply concepts to the clinical experience with case studies that stimulate clinical reasoning and help you synthesize text information.
- Find the information you need fast with lists of splints by name and by diagnosis in the index.
- See how research informs practice with evidence-based examples.
- Prepare for practice with consistent use of ASHT orthotics nomenclature throughout the book.