Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9780134428208 | 013442820X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/22/2015
This is the official curriculum of the Apple El Capitan 101: OS X Support Essentials 10.11 course and preparation for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.11 certification–as well as a top-notch primer for anyone who needs to support, troubleshoot, or optimize OS X El Capitan. This guide provides comprehensive coverage of El Capitan and is part of the Apple Pro Training series–the only Apple-certified books the market. Designed for support technicians, help desk specialists, and ardent Mac users, this guide takes you deep inside the El Capitan operating system. Readers will find in-depth, step-by-step instruction on everything from installing and configuring El Capitan to managing networks and system administration. Whether you run a computer lab or an IT department, you’ll learn to set up users, configure system preferences, manage security and permissions, use diagnostic and repair tools, troubleshoot peripheral devices, and more–all on your way to preparing for the industry-standard ACSP certification.
- Covers updated system utilities and new features of OS X El Capitan.
- Features authoritative explanations of underlying technologies, troubleshooting, system administration, and much more.
- Focused lessons take you step by step through practical, real-world tasks.
- Lesson files and bonus material available for download–including lesson review questions summarizing what you’ve learned to prepare you for the Apple certification exam.
- Web Edition provides full text of the book as part of our Content Update Program with revised content for significant software updates.