Parent-Child Relations Context, Research, and Application, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, by Heath, Phyllis
- ISBN: 9780134290058 | 0134290054
- Cover: Package
- Copyright: 1/10/2017
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the print bound version.
This life-span approach to parent-child relations gives students a comprehensive, contemporary look at theories, research, and techniques within historical and cultural contexts. It covers every stage of development, including older parents and their adult children, and uses an inclusive approach that looks at a variety of different family contexts, such as foster families, military families, and families with an LGBTQ member, as well as the influence of culture and ethnicity on family beliefs and behaviors. The first chapter focuses on the history of theoretical and research influences of childrearing to help students understand why parents today hold certain beliefs regarding how to raise children. Theory and research are then interwoven through the book. An early chapter on strategies and techniques also sets the stage for upcoming discussions of parent-child relations.
Written with the student in mind, the book presents numerous examples. Critical thinking questions in every chapter encourage students to stop and consider their views regarding the material, and Spotlight features throughout provide examples of the influence of technology, diversity, and poverty on families. The Enhanced Pearson eText version includes embedded video examples and Test Your Knowledge quizzes with feedback that enable students to check their understanding of the material.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134290054 / 9780134290058 Parent-Child Relations: Context, Research, and Application, 3/e
Package consists of:
- 0134520068 / 9780134520063 Parent-Child Relations: Context, Research, and Application, 3/e, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
- 0134461142 / 9780134461144 Parent-Child Relations: Context, Research, and Application, 3/e, Print Bound Version