Parent-Child Relations Context, Research, and Application, by Heath, Phyllis
- ISBN: 9780134461144 | 0134461142
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/4/2017
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134290054.
This life-span approach to parent-child relations gives students a comprehensive, contemporary look at theories, research, and techniques within historical and cultural contexts. It covers every stage of development, including older parents and their adult children, and uses an inclusive approach that looks at a variety of different family contexts, such as foster families, military families, and families with an LGBTQ member, as well as the influence of culture and ethnicity on family beliefs and behaviors. The first chapter focuses on the history of theoretical and research influences of childrearing to help students understand why parents today hold certain beliefs regarding how to raise children. Theory and research are then interwoven through the book. An early chapter on strategies and techniques also sets the stage for upcoming discussions of parent-child relations.
Written with the student in mind, the book presents numerous examples. Critical thinking questions in every chapter encourage students to stop and consider their views regarding the material, and Spotlight features throughout provide examples of the influence of technology, diversity, and poverty on families. The Enhanced Pearson eText version includes embedded video examples and Test Your Knowledge quizzes with feedback that enable students to check their understanding of the material.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.