- ISBN: 9781910120040 | 1910120049
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 1/20/2015
Tracing the range of the Andes – the geographical and cultural spine of South America – Peru, Bolivia & Ecuador are born of a synthesis of ancient America and medieval Europe. Footprint’s Peru, Bolivia & Ecuador Handbook will guide you from the blinding white salt crusts of Salar de Uyuni, through the awe-inspiring citadel of Machu Picchu, to the bustling colonial treasure trove that is Quito.
· Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including following Darwin’s footsteps in the Galápagos; spectacular costumed festivals; sacred pyramids and temples; the mystical Lake Titicaca.
· Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from where to find the best artesanía to seeking jaguars in the rainforest
· Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape
· Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
· Full-color planning section to inspire travelers and help them find the best experiences
From the astounding Colca Canyon to a melée of indigenous markets, Footprint’s fully updated 4th edition will help you navigate this breathtaking destination.