- ISBN: 9780133909111 | 0133909115
- Cover: Package
- Copyright: 8/20/2014
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book
Connects social policy and the everyday practice of social work.
The sixth edition of The Policy-Based Profession provides students with a process for analyzing policies that will help them with a career in social work. It offers a detailed foundation for policy analysis, including chapters on historical policy analysis, social/economic analysis, and political analysis. This title brings students up to date on the latest developments in social work practice. Areas covered include: welfare reform, mental health managed care, the campaign to restructure Social Security, reactions to current immigration issues, current threats to workers’ pensions, program and policy responses to the problems of substance abuse, and the use of family preservation as an approach to child protection. A new chapter on health care reform discusses the economic impact of the Affordable Care Act.
This title is part of the Connecting Core Competencies Series, designed to guide students in becoming skilled at the Council on Social Work's core competencies. Each chapter reflects and integrates the latest CSWE competency standards (EPAS). End-of-chapter assessment reinforces this integration.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133909115 / 9780133909111 Policy-Based Profession, The: An Introduction to Social Welfare Policy Analysis for Social Workers with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0205920160 / 9780205920167 Policy-Based Profession, The: An Introduction to Social Welfare Policy Analysis for Social Workers
- 0205920756 / 9780205920754 Policy-Based Profession, The: An Introduction to Social Welfare Policy Analysis for Social Workers, Pearson eText -- Access Card