A Practical Guide to Contemporary Pharmacy Practice and Compounding, by Lester, Deborah
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781496321299 | 1496321294
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/11/2017
A Practical Guide to Contemporary Pharmacy Practice and Compounding is your hands-on, step-by-step guide to receiving and filling prescription drug orders as well as a comprehensive look at the preparation of sterile and non-sterile extemporaneously compounded preparations. This edition is meticulously updated to include the latest practice guidelines and standards, as well as a detailed discussion of the Drug Quality and Security Act (DQSA) of 2013. In addition, it offers a wealth of guidance on processing prescriptions, avoiding dangerous medication and labeling errors, counseling patients and caregivers, and much more – giving you all the knowledge you need to succeed on your exams and safely carry out the practice of pharmacy.
- Features significant revisions to address the impact of new federal laws/regulations on pharmacy practice.
- Includes meticulous updates reflecting the latest advances in “formulation science.”
- Includes an expanded list of definitions addressing the interchangeable terminologies that arise due to the emergence of interprofessional education and practice.
- Offers an expanded discussion on avoiding medication and labeling errors, patient counseling at hospital discharge, sterile dosage form preparation, and much more.
- Includes updated information about newly approved excipients and manufacturers.
- Includes a new section on the passage of the DQSA, which amended the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, making a distinction between 503A compounding pharmacies, the traditional prescription-based compounding pharmacies, and 503B outsourcing facilities.
- Contains all-new photos that clearly illustrate all equipment, materials, and techniques.