- ISBN: 9780205989331 | 0205989330
- Cover: Package
- Copyright: 9/26/2013
We form art. Art forms us.
The title of this book has a dual meaning. As humans form works of art, we are in turn formed by what we create. The art world constantly evolves, as today’s artists interpret, challenge, and ultimately create the world around them. The 11th edition of Prebles’ Artforms reflects this dynamic environment; it is one of the most exhaustive revisions in the book’s history. Three recent trends drive this edition: changing pedagogical needs, new scholarly research, and recent creativity by artists around the world.
MyArtsLab is an integral part of the Prebles' Artforms program. Engaging activities and assessment provide a teaching and learning system that helps students experience and interact with art. Key learning tools include ART 21 videos, Studio Technique videos, and our hallmark Closer Look tours of works of art.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It:
- Personalizes Learning with MyArtsLab: The new MyArtsLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, and provides engaging experiences that personalize learning.
- Provides Thematic Exploration: Help students explore the reasons for creating art, the motivation for individual artists, and how art impacts its audience.
- Emphasizes Critical Thinking: Chapter opening-Thinking Ahead questions encourage students to focus and think critically about the issues to come.
- Focuses on Art Today: More than 175 new images reflect the author’s view that contemporary art provides the best path to art appreciation because of its currency and global nature.
This Package Contains :
0205206565 / 9780205206568 NEW MyArtsLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205968112 / 9780205968114 Prebles’ Artforms
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.