The Producer's Business Handbook, by John J. Lee, Jr,Anne Marie Gillen
- ISBN: 9780240814636 | 0240814630
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/3/2010
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the business of entertainment and learn to successfully engage in all related aspects of global production and exploitation with this revised and updated handbook. With The Producer's Business Handbook as a guide, you'll learn to create the relationships that the most successful producers have with the various participants in the motion picture industry-this guide provides a global view of how producers direct their relationships with domestic and foreign studios, agencies, attorneys, talent, completion guarantors, banks, and private investors.
You get a thorough orientation to operating production development and single-purpose production companies. You'll also become familiar with the team roles needed to operate these companies, and learn how to attach and direct them. For those outside the US, also included is information on how to produce successful films without government funding.
This edition has been updated to include comprehensive information on the internal greenlighting process, government financing, and determining actual cost-of-money. It includes new, simplified project evaluation tools, expediting funding and distribution. Together with its companion website (www.producersbusinesshb.com)--which contains valuable forms and spreadsheets, tutorials, and samples-this handbook presents both instruction and worksheet support to independent producers at all levels of experience.
New to the 3rd Edition:
- Production Financing Worksheet-a producer's must-have
- Comprehensive new media, financing, and distribution updates of all chapters
- Expanded global focus and references
- Internet marketing & DIY distribution
- Financing sources
- Access to a website providing spreadsheets available nowhere else: Financing Worksheet, greenlighting worksheets, film comparables, activity and cash flow projections, and more