Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781405162142 | 1405162147
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/10/2013
The Psychology of Diversity presents a captivating social-psychological study of diversity, the obstacles confronting it, and the benefits it provides.
- Goes beyond prejudice and discrimination to discuss the personal and social implications of diversity for both majority and minority group members
- Considers how historical, political, economic, and societal factors shape the way people think about and respond to diversity
- Explains why discrimination leads to bias at all levels in society – interpersonal, institutional, cultural, and social
- Describes proven techniques for improving intergroup relations
- Examines the brain's impact on bias in clear terms for students with little or no background in neuroscience
- Includes helpful study tools throughout the text as well as an online instructor’s manual