Psychopathology: History, Diagnosis, and Empirical Foundations, by Craighead, W. Edward
- ISBN: 9781118106778 | 1118106776
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 8/1/2013
Fully revised to incorporate DSM-5 criteria and informed by the most current research in its discussions of diagnosis and treatment
Now in a second edition, Psychopathology: History, Diagnosis, and Empirical Foundations thoroughly explores psychopathology with contributions from leading scholars in psycho-pathology. The Second Edition offers an overview of various topics in the context of major changes included in the DSM-5.
With new chapters on contextual factors affecting diagnoses and non-alcohol substance abuse, Psychopathology, Second Edition covers the history, theory, and assessment of anxiety disorders, posttraumatic stress disorder, mood disorders, schizophrenia, the psychotic spectrum disorders, eating disorders, borderline personality disorder, alcohol use disorders, psychopathy, sexual dysfunction, and sleep disorders.
In addition, each chapter of the Second Edition contains:
- A description of the disorder, including brief history, case example, and epidemiological findings
- Empirical foundations of each disorder, including findings regarding neurobiological, behavioral, cognitive, and emotional factors
- Assessment of each disorder, including interviews, self-reports, neurobiological assessment, and clinical rating scales
- Brief description and evaluation of the current interventions for each disorder
- Summary and future directions
Practical and thorough, this text is an essential reference for all mental health professionals and a solid introduction for students in psychopathology courses.