- ISBN: 9780205914630 | 0205914632
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/11/2014
An audience-centered approach to public speaking
Public Speaking: An Audience-Centered Approach, 9/e brings theory and practice together. Its distinctive and popular approach emphasizes the importance of analyzing and considering the audience at every point in the speech-making process. This model of public speaking is the foundation of the text, and it guides students through the step-by-step process of public speaking, focusing their attention on the dynamics of diverse audiences, and narrowing the gap between the classroom and the real world.
MyCommunicationLab is an integral part of the Beebe/Beebe program. With extensive opportunities for the application of course content, MyCommunicationLab helps students become better speakers and master key public speaking concepts. Interactive videos provide students with the opportunity to watch and evaluate sample speeches. Online self-assessments and pre- and post-tests help students assess their comfort level with public speaking and their knowledge of the material. MediaShare allows students to post speeches and share them with classmates and instructors.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It:
- Uses an Audience-Centered Approach: The audience-centered approach is the hallmark of this top selling text and the authors’ approach to public speaking.
- Provides Material for Supporting First Speeches: Encourages students facing their first speech assignment by providing an overview of the public speaking process and suggestions for developing and delivering their speech with confidence.
- Focuses on Skill Development: Learning Objectives, a Study Guide, Recap boxes and more help students check their understand of key material and focus on important concepts.
- Personalizes Learning with MyCommunicationLab: The new MyCommunicationLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, and provides engaging experiences that personalize learning.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyCommunicationLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyCommunicationLab search for ISBN-10: 013381498X / ISBN-13: 9780133814989. This package includes: 0205890857 / 9780205890859 NEW MyCommunicationLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card and 0205914632 / 9780205914630 Public Speaking: An Audience-Centered Approach
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.