- ISBN: 9780672338489 | 0672338483
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/22/2015
In just 24 lessons of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself R in 24 Hours helps you learn all the R skills you need to solve a wide spectrum of real-world data analysis problems. You’ll master the entire data analysis workflow, learning to build code that’s efficient, reproducible, and suitable for sharing with others.
This book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach teaches you how to import, manipulate, summarize, model, and plot data with R; formalize your analytical code; and build powerful R packages using current best practices.
Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
Learn How To
- Install, configure, and explore the R environment, including RStudio
- Use basic R syntax, objects, and packages
- Create and manage data structures, including vectors, matrices, and arrays
- Understand lists and data frames
- Work with dates, times, and factors
- Use common R functions, and learn to write your own
- Import and export data and connect to databases and spreadsheets
- Use the popular tidyr, dplyr and data.table packages
- Write more efficient R code with profiling, vectorization, and initialization
- Plot data and extend your graphical capabilities with ggplot2 and Lattice graphics
- Develop common types of models
- Construct high-quality packages, both simple and complex
- Write R classes: S3, S4, and Reference Classes
- Use R to generate dynamic reports
- Build web applications with Shiny
Register your book at informit.com/register for convenient access to updates and corrections as they become available.
This book’s source code can be found at http://www.mango-solutions.com/wp/teach-yourself-r-in-24-hours-book/.