The Rails 5 Way, by Fernandez, Obie
- ISBN: 9780134657677 | 0134657675
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/14/2017
The “Bible” for Rails Development: Fully Updated for Rails 5
“When I read The Rails Way for the first time, I felt like I truly understood Rails for the first time.”
–Steve Klabnik, Rails contributor and mentor
The Rails™ 5 Way is the comprehensive, authoritative reference guide for professionals delivering production-quality code using modern Ruby on Rails. Obie Fernandez illuminates the entire Rails 5 API, its most powerful idioms, design approaches, and libraries. He presents new and updated content on Action Cable, RSpec 3.4, Turbolinks 5.0, the Attributes API, and many other enhancements, both major and subtle.
Through detailed code examples, you’ll dive deep into Ruby on Rails, discover why it’s designed as it is, and learn to make it do exactly what you want. Proven in thousands of production systems, the knowledge in this book will maximize your productivity and help you build more successful solutions.
- Build powerful, scalable, REST-compliant back-end services
- Program complex program flows using Action Controller
- Represent models, relationships, and operations in Active Record, and apply advanced Active Record techniques
- Smoothly evolve database schema via Migrations
- Craft front-ends with ActionView and the Asset Pipeline
- Optimize performance and scalability with caching and Turbolinks 5.0
- Improve your productivity using Haml HTML templating
- Secure your systems against attacks like SQL Injection, XSS, and XSRF
- Integrate email using Action Mailer
- Enable real-time, websockets-based browser behavior with Action Cable
- Improve responsiveness with background processing
- Build “API-only” back-end projects that speak JSON
- Leverage enhancements to Active Job, serialization, and Ajax support
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and/or corrections as they become available.