Ready for RICA A Test Preparation Guide for California's Reading Instruction Competence Assessment, by Zarrillo, James J.
- ISBN: 9780134146355 | 0134146352
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/4/2016
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134205197.
Test-taking strategies and content area reviews for successfully passing California’s Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA).
Thousands of students have used previous editions of James J. Zarrillo’s Ready for RICA to successfully prepare for the RICA. Now the new edition continues to provide test-taking strategies and helpful reviews of all 15 content areas and includes five significant new components: 1) Learning Outcomes in each chapter help readers focus on what they should accomplish by studying that chapter; 2) Chapter Summaries offer Test Taking Tips that re-state essential information and highlight key instructional strategies; 3) a new chapter, Ten Days to RICA, guides readers in what they should study during the last 10 days before they take the test; 4) 13 videos of the author offer insight on the most important information and instructional strategies; and 5) a new Glossary includes a dictionary of 210 reading-related words and phrases. This is the essential guide for all California Multiple Teaching Credential candidates required to take the RICA. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone for 50-60% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.