Refactoring Improving the Design of Existing Code, by Fowler, Martin
- ISBN: 9780134757599 | 0134757599
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 12/21/2018
“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.”
–M. Fowler (1999)
For more than twenty years, professional programmers worldwide have relied on Martin Fowler’s Refactoring to enhance software maintainability by improving the design of existing code. In this eagerly awaited revision, Fowler has rewritten nearly every chapter and refactoring example, reflecting crucial changes in the programming landscape since the first edition.
As in his classic first edition, Fowler explains what refactoring is, why you should refactor, how to recognize code that needs refactoring, and how to actually do it. Whatever language you prefer, Fowler’s explanations and examples will help you refactor successfully.
- Understand the process of refactoring
- Quickly apply useful refactorings to make a program easier to comprehend and change
- Discover the general principles of refactoring
- Recognize tradeoffs and obstacles to refactoring
- Recognize “bad smells” in code that signal opportunities to refactor
- Build solid tests for your refactorings
- Explore 68 refactorings, each with explanations, motivation, mechanics, and simple examples