Setting Limits in the Classroom, 3rd Edition, by MACKENZIE, ROBERT J.STANZIONE, LISA
- ISBN: 9780307591722 | 0307591727
- Cover: Trade Paper
- Copyright: 7/20/2010
Disruptive behavior, power struggles, lack of motivation, attention deficit disorder—at times the list of obstacles to teaching seems endless. That’s why thousands of teachers and child-care providers have turned to the solutions in Setting Limits in the Classroom. This fully updated and expanded third edition offers the most up-to-date alternatives to punishment and permissiveness—moving beyond traditional methods that wear you down and get you nowhere.
- Eliminating power struggles and handling disruptions quickly
- Establishing an effective environment for learning
- Using natural and logical consequences to support your rules
- Conducting proactive, focused parent conferences
- New research and techniques for supporting special-needs children
With its new focus on younger students and special tools for handling “strong-willed” children, this edition offers schoolteachers the tools they need to gain control of their classrooms—respectfully and effectively.