- ISBN: 9789401444569 | 9401444560
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 3/20/2018
- Innovative and integrative model, based on cross-disciplinary research at Vlerick Business School and the Belgian Royal Military School (Koninklijke Militaire School) (RMS / KMS)
- Combines insights from leadership, strategy, operations management, cultural and people management in one simple model
- Toolkits and quick scans available to apply the theory to your own organization
- Academically grounded and practically relevant
- Contains many examples of how to tackle a company-wide transformation in practice
Managing change has become an increasingly critical capability for today's turbulent and disruptive environment. Nevertheless, research indicates that failure rates of change initiatives remain high.
In Six Batteries of Change, the authors propose a new model and a measurement tool that help managers to deal with this challenging topic in a more effective way. The model and the tool track to what extent your organization possesses the energy to successfully complete your change programs.
The book identifies six batteries of change that organizations and managers need to charge for change to become effective, and offers insights in how to charge each of the six batteries. The role of a change manager is to ensure that all six batteries are charged, in order to generate the amount of energy necessary in successfully completing change. If the batteries of change remain empty, the success rate of the change will be limited.
Six Batteries of Change shows managers how to develop transformation competencies by creating a more energized organization capable of dealing with faster and more complex change. The book presents new frameworks and uses numerous cases to illustrate what this approach is all about in practice.