Smart Communities How Citizens and Local Leaders Can Use Strategic Thinking to Build a Brighter Future, by Morse, Suzanne W.
- ISBN: 9781118427002 | 1118427009
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 3/10/2014
Based on the results of more than a decade of research by the Pew Partnership for Civic Change, Smart Communities provides directions for strategic decision-making and outlines the key strategies used by thousands of leaders who have worked to create successful communities. Outlining seven "leverage points" for decision-making used by thousands of leaders who have worked to create successful communities, this new Second Edition offers leaders from both the public and private sectors the tools they need to build a civic infrastructure and create a better future for all the community's citizens.
- Second Edition has been thoroughly updated with current knowledge and research
- Covers new developments from current design thinking and strategy literature to innovation and invention in communities
- Advises on how to create community readiness that will help avert problems before they begin
- All case vignettes have been revised to include more detailed information about the process and application of the seven leverage points
- Examples from communities around the country illustrate how these change agents' well-structured decision-making processes can be traced to their effective use of the seven key leverage points
Smart Communities offers hope to those who are striving to improve their communities and addresses vital issues such as poverty, race relations, and children's health and welfare.