Sociology, by Macionis, John J.
- ISBN: 9780205985609 | 0205985602
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 10/9/2013
Seeing Sociology in your Everyday Life
Sociology, 15/e empowers students to see the world around them through a sociological lens, helping them better understand their own lives. The text is written to help students find and use the science of social behavior in everyday life. John Macionis, author of the best-selling Introductory Sociology franchise over the last three decades, takes students step-by-step through the theories and research that make up the discipline of sociology. This narrative, along with a global perspective, makes for an accessible and relevant introduction to sociology.
MySocLab is an integral part of the Macionis learning program. In concert with the main text, it helps readers build their critical thinking skills while learning the fundamentals of sociology. Engaging activities and reliable assessments provide a digital learning system that helps students succeed in the course. With MySocLab, students can watch the latest entries in the Core Concept Video Series in sociology, explore real-world data through the new Social Explorer, and develop critical thinking skills through facilitated writing activities.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It:
- Personalizes Learning with MySocLab: MySocLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Improves Critical Thinking: A new learning system includes detailed objectives linked to the narrative, media resources, and assessment program.
- Engages Students: Allows students to gain insight into sociology.
- Connects to the World Today: This title encourages students to connect themes through the title to their own lives.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0205988350 / 9780205988358 Sociology Plus NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205206530 / 9780205206537 NEW MySocLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205985602 / 9780205985609 Sociology