Special Education, Loose-Leaf Version with Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, by Friend, Marilyn
- ISBN: 9780133400823 | 0133400824
- Cover: Loose-leaf w/ Access Card
- Copyright: 6/10/2013
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version.
The Fourth Edition of Marilyn Friend’s Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals gives the most authentic, current, research-based introductory account on the field of special education to date. Advocating real teachers, real families and students, real classrooms, and real research, this comprehensive resource emphasizes contemporary concepts and evidence-based practices that prepare teachers and other education professionals for their evolving roles in education and the well-being of students with disabilities. Combining current research with practical information, the text offers structure and predictability for novices to the field of special education and for educators working in this challenging age of high standards and accountability.
Thoroughly revised and updated and throughout to provide a multi-dimensional view of the field, with a mix of key concepts and immediately applicable information, the new edition emphasizes: the specific disability areas, the historical background and characteristics of special education students, prevalence data, assessment, service delivery, research-based instructional practices, parent perspectives, issues related to the disability area, curriculum access, inclusive practices, professional collaboration, student diversity, RTI, technological advancements, and now the text is written to reach a broader range of professionals working in the field.
Because special education is made up of real children and real professionals, the author helps to put a “face” on the field to enliven and authenticate the information for novices. Each chapter features stories of individuals with disabilities, from the parents of children with disabilities, and from professionals who work in the field. Readers of this truly exceptional resource will come away with the best understanding of the expectations for educators and students, and learn how critical concepts translate into educational practices. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133400824 / 9780133400823 Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals, Loose-Leaf Version with Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Package consists of
- 0132836742 / 9780132836746 Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals Loose Leaf Version
- 0133397394 / 9780133397390 Special Education: Contemporary Perspectives for School Professionals, Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card