Standard Handbook of Engineering Calculations, Fifth Edition, by Hicks, Tyler G.
- ISBN: 9780071821568 | 0071821562
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 9/8/2014
MORE THAN 5000 ESSENTIAL, UP-TO-DATE CALCULATIONS FOR ENGINEERS
Thoroughly revised with the latest data, methods, and code, the new edition of this practical resource contains more than 5000 specific, step-by-step calculation procedures for solving both common and uncommon engineering problems quickly and easily. The calculations presented provide safe, usable results for the majority of situations faced by practicing engineers worldwide.
The book fully describes each problem, includes numbered calculation procedures, provides workedout problems, and offers related calculations in most instances. This is an essential on-the-job manual as well as a handy reference for engineering licensing exam preparation.
Includes NEW calculation procedures for:
- Load and resistance factor design (LRFD)
- Solar heating loads
- Geothermal energy engineering
- Transformer efficiency
- Thermodynamic analysis of a Linde system
- Design of a chlorination system for wastewater disinfection
- Determination of ground-level pollutant concentration
- And many more
Standard Handbook of Engineering Calculations, Fifth Edition, features detailed, time-saving calculations for:
- Civil and structural engineering
- Architectural engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Chemical and process plant engineering
- Water and wastewater engineering
- Environmental engineering