- ISBN: 9781623365356 | 162336535X
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 5/5/2015
Sugar is everywhere. Once confined to candy, desserts, and the sugar bowl, it has made its way into our peanut butter, bread, tomato sauce, and salad dressing. The average American eats nearly 130 pounds of added sugar a year, and 75 percent of 86,000 foods analyzed in one study contained added sweeteners. This information is now at the forefront of media, public policy, and water cooler conversation, and Americans are wising up to what a sugar-laden diet means for their health: added pounds that won't budge; heightened risk of Alzheimer's, diabetes, and heart disease; moodiness; fatigue; and cravings that seem to rule their daily lives.
Readers came out in droves when Prevention launched its Sugar Smart movement, making The Sugar Smart Diet a New York Times bestseller and creating a demand for more sugar-savvy content from the brand. Now, Anne Alexander has revamped her popular plan to give readers what they've been asking for: an easy-to-follow plan that offers great results in less time, with even more tools for success.
New content includes:
- a new, 21-day plan to sweet freedom that scales back each phase without sacrificing results
- shopping lists and a more comprehensive dining out guide to make eating on the plan a breeze
- healthy, delicious recipes the whole family-even veggie-averse kids-will gobble up
- updated success stories and "Sugar Smart Hacks" from The Sugar Smart Diet test panel