- ISBN: 9780133400793 | 0133400794
- Cover: Loose-leaf w/ Access Card
- Copyright: 2/16/2014
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version
Teaching Science Through Inquiry and Investigation provides theory and practical advice for elementary and middle school teachers to help their students learn science. Written at a time of substantive change in science education, this book deals both with what’s currently happening and what’s expected in science classes in elementary and middle schools. Readers explore the nature of science, its importance in today’s world, trends in science education, and national science standards. They consider “What science is” and “What it means to do science.”
The book references both the National Science Education Standards (NRC, 1996) that provide the basis for most current state science standards and A Framework for K-12 Education: Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, and Disciplinary Core Ideas (NRC, 2011) that builds on previous science education reform documents including the NSES and contemporary learning theory to present the framework for the Next Generation Science Standards, expected to be released in the spring of 2013. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133400794 / 9780133400793 Teaching Science Through Inquiry and Investigation, Loose-Leaf Version with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Package consists of
- 0132612240 / 9780132612241 Teaching Science Through Inquiry and Investigation Loose Leaf Version
- 0133397084 / 9780133397086 Teaching Science Through Inquiry and Investigation, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card