- ISBN: 9781562867010 | 1562867016
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 6/16/2011
A must have for trainers... Telling Ain't Training is an essential book for all learning and development professionals. When the first edition of Telling Ain't Training was published in 2002, its practical, learner-focused approach quickly became a favorite with learning and development professionals, as well as school teachers, parents, professors, and anyone else who trains, educates, or instructs. Chock-full of myth-busting research and ready-to-use tools, always delivered in a lighthearted and entertaining style, Telling Ain't Training set new standards for the training industry.
That's a tough act to follow, but the long-awaited new edition of Telling Ain't Training does not disappoint. While it has been updated, expanded and enhanced to reflect almost a decade of progress, fans of the original Telling Ain't Training will be relieved to find that its lively, user-friendly tone has been carefully preserved. In fact, this is a book that faithfully practices what it preaches, engaging the reader from page one and immediately involving them in the first of many try-it-yourself exercises that teach trainers how to avoid telling in favor of more interactive training.
This substantially heftier edition covers everything you must know to be a better trainer, plus:
- Extensive new chapters covering technology and e-learning
- More methods for creating terrific learner-centered training sessions
- Expanded evidence and research to support its approach to adult learning
- Ways to retrofit your existing training programs and materials
- Even more in-depth explanations of how the basic principles of adult learning apply
- An extensive index to make the book more referenceable
- Additional tools, charts, exercises, illustrations, quizzes, and activities to involve learners.