Thermodynamics and Applications of Hydrocarbons Energy Production, by Firoozabadi, Abbas
- ISBN: 9780071843256 | 0071843256
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 9/16/2015
This state-of-the-art guide presents a systematic methodology for applying thermodynamics principles in the many areas of the hydrocarbon energy industry
Thermodynamics and Applications in Hydrocarbon Energy Production lays out a unified view of classical thermodynamics and teaches how to effectively put those theories to work in fuel exploration, preparation, and refinement.
Shale gas and oil development is a relatively new subject in petroleum engineering and is the main focus of the U.S. energy industry—this book addresses these important issues. The use of thermodynamics in reservoir, transportation system, surface facility, and refinery development is covered in full detail. Advanced chapters explain leading-edge techniques, including molecular simulation.
- High-quality illustrations and tables are featured throughout
- Each chapter includes examples, theory extensions, and problems
- Provides practical solutions to key engineering problems
- Written by a world-renowned petroleum reservoir engineering expert