- ISBN: 9780205902354 | 0205902359
- Cover: Nonspecific Binding
- Copyright: 1/6/2014
A balanced introduction to basic theories and principles of communication
Thinking Through Communication covers a full range of topics—from the history of communication study to the methods used by current communications scholars to understand human interaction. The text explores communication in a variety of traditional contexts: interpersonal, group, organizational, public, intercultural, and computer-mediated.
Written in a clear, lively style, this text helps both majors and non-majors develop a better understanding of communication as a field of study.
Upon completing this book, readers will be able to:
- Understand basic communications theories and principles
- Explore the effects of new media on communication
- Understand the relationship between gender and communication