Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9780470761434 | 0470761431
- Cover: eBook
- Copyright: 5/13/2008
Threads of Labour presents new empirical research by a network of garment workers' support organizations and makes sense of global supply chains from the bottom up.
- Presents new empirical research by a network of garment workers' support organizations in ten different locations in Asia, Europe and Mexico.
- Creates a blueprint for conducting worker-orientated action research in order to better understand and resist the negative impact of globalization on labour.
- Ensures that workers' voices reach those who are already trying to reconfigure global capitalism in more humane directions.
- Explores the ways in which workers might begin to develop new forms of organization that are more suited to securing gains in the global garment industry.
- Bridges the gap between activist and academic research, improving the conversation between these two groups.